Our flagship portable piano, with premium features throughout:
May 24, 2021: We have 4 black ones currently in stock and ready for immediate purchase! Unfortunately Roland is not able to ship any more black or white ones to dealers until Fall 2021 because the FP90X will continue to be hard to come by from any dealer anywhere until this Fall due to ongoing Pandemic/demand/shipping issues/etc.
For high-end piano performance in a portable instrument, there’s no better choice than the Roland FP-90X. Like the rest of the FP-X series, it features a slim and stylish cabinet that’s easy to transport. But when you invest in this range-topping model, you’re getting an instrument that represents the pinnacle of Roland’s acclaimed piano technology. From the addictively playable PHA-50 hybrid keyboard and PureAcoustic Piano Modeling from our premium pianos, to custom tone shaping and deep sound immersion from the onboard speaker system, the FP-90X delivers the ultimate FP-X experience. This piano is compatible with the most popular piano teacher recommended apps for the iPad including Piano Adventures or Piano Maestro. Apps like these are designed to reinforce concepts and motivate students to practice and progress during the 6 days of the week between piano lessons.
Roland’s finest acoustic pianos, customizable for your touch.
While all FP-X series pianos provide highly authentic tone, the FP-90X goes beyond. With astonishing accuracy, Roland’s PureAcoustic Piano Modeling sound engine reproduces every aspect of how the rich, resonant sound of an acoustic grand piano is created. Choose from elegant Concert and dynamic Stage pianos via eight ready-to-play variations. Then dive deeper with the onboard Piano Designer, personalizing the sound like a piano technician through a range of easy-to-adjust parameters. And with My Stage and PureAcoustic Ambience, you can instantly immerse yourself in a variety of realistic environments, from studios to concert halls. The FP-90X’s piano tones are almost infinite—and each is the best in its class.
Dive into immersive sound with the powerful four-speaker system.
With a high-fidelity onboard sound system that projects your music from every angle, no other FP-X series piano can match the sonic depth and wide dynamic range of the FP-90X. A pair of powerful woofers and twin dome tweeters work in harmony with special vents in the cabinet’s back, producing a deep sound field that fully envelops the playing position. In addition to home playing, this full-range system makes the FP-90X a powerful and flexible choice for intimate live performances. And just as important for private practice is the Headphones Acoustic Projection feature, giving you that same thrill of immersion with tone that seems to fill the room—even when nobody else can hear it.
All the feel of an acoustic grand, without the maintenance.
The FP-90X’s PHA-50 keyboard—also found in Roland’s top-level home pianos—is an innovative hybrid that gives you the best of both worlds, combining the feel and texture of acoustic piano keys with unbeatable durability. The warm touch of the wood sides will be instantly familiar to seasoned players, while the composite center frame extends from the front of the keys to the back for a stable, assured touch. A crafted hammer action mechanism ensures authentic response, while the look and feel of ivory and ebony are reproduced in minute detail. It’s just like playing a traditional acoustic grand—minus the regular maintenance.
Heavyweight features in a portable format.
The FP-90X fuses its powerful features into a stylish format that works for modern musicians at home or on the move. With compact dimensions and surprisingly light weight for a hammer-action instrument, it shifts easily around your living space and stores easily in a closet or vehicle. This package includes the Roland KSC-90 stand and Roland KPD-90 three-pedal unit for a traditional upright experience. You could also add an optional portable X-stand and optional Roland RPU-3 pedal unit for trips to grandma’s house or gigging.
Enhance your music making with Bluetooth and USB.
The FP-90X’s best-in-class piano features are just the start. Via Bluetooth audio, you can stream music from a phone or tablet through the piano’s sound system and jam along. And with Bluetooth MIDI, you’re able to connect with fun music composition apps like Roland’s Zenbeats or Apple’s GarageBand. If you like to sing, connect a microphone, add effects, and amplify your vocals through the speakers, and capture them along with your piano playing using the onboard recorder. The FP-90X even features USB audio/MIDI connectivity, allowing you to interface with computers and record tracks in professional music production software.
- PureAcoustic Piano Modeling sound engine for maximum expression, from pianissimo to fortissimo
- Find your signature sound with distinctive acoustic piano tones and deep sound shaping using Piano Designer
- Onboard Piano Designer function offers deep personalization of piano tone
- PHA-50 hybrid keyboard combines acoustic-style wood keys with durable molded material
- Explore a world of music styles with a vast selection of electric pianos and non-piano sounds
- Onboard four-speaker audio system (2×25-watt main, 2×5-watt tweeters), specially engineered for rich, enveloping sound
- Headphones Acoustic Projection provides a natural and immersive experience during quiet playing sessions
- Dual headphones jacks for side-by-side playing and teacher/student interaction
- Compact and lightweight body for easy mobility in and out of the home, studio, or classroom
- Bluetooth MIDI wireless connectivity for using the piano with popular apps on your smartphone or tablet such as GarageBand, piaScore, Sheet Music Direct, and many others
- Bluetooth AUDIO Input to play along with your favorites songs and videos from your smart tablet or smart phone
- Twin Piano mode is ideal for lessons, letting student and teacher play side by side in the same octave ranges
- Mic input and vocal effects
- Connect USB memory to save songs you’ve captured with the onboard SMF recorder and play along with your favorite WAV and SMF songs
- Matching stand and three-pedal unit provide a classic piano look and enhanced functionality
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 year parts, 2 years labor
- Available in black or white
Includes these Capital Music Center Perks:
- Nothing down, 12 month Same-As-Cash (no interest) with approved credit
- Free local delivery
- For Local Customers we extend manufacturer warranty ONE additional year ($110 value)
- Stand/Pedal/Bench Package Options: CLICK HERE
Step up to the Roland LX-705: Upgraded Speaker System, Traditional Upright Piano Look