Piano & Drum Lessons for Students/Parents
- Our lessons are more effective than traditional lessons because we utilize technologies like digital pianos, Music Tutors, iPads, and computers to help students learn at a quicker pace. We want our students to learn faster and more effectively so we ask all of our students to utilize proven technology practice aids when practicing at home. Using these technologies is like having the teacher at home practicing with your child every day! Most piano method books today have interactive tutoring software or apps available that helps students learn the songs in the book. At minimum, this technology helps students keep a steady beat, improve note reading skills, gives them a “group” to play with at home, develop their ear, and makes piano lessons “way more fun!” If you do not have access to an iPad, or a USB player built in to your piano, then we have one of the industry standard teaching aids called the “Roland Music Tutor” that we can rent you for $3/mo (normally it’s $10/mo). NOTE: Typical response from our adult students or parents after seeing their kids use these practice aids is: “Wow! I probably would’ve stuck with piano if they’d had that when I was a kid!”
- Group lessons are especially effective because:
- Learning with friends is more fun.
- Most kids have to practice no matter the “excuse”, to keep up with the group.
- Kids gain confidence playing in front of people.
- You get extended lesson time.
- We want your child to be successful in piano study. Students need to practice on a regular basis and have a piano at home to practice on every day. Your piano, ideally a teacher preferred piano, needs to have 88 keys with a fully weighted hammer action, touch response, 3 pedals, and be in top operating condition. For less than the price of a keyboard, we offer a low cost rental plan to get started.
- Note: Our experience has found that keyboards & older acoustic pianos actually hinder progress and success in piano lessons.
We meet you at your level…whether a beginner, took a few years as a child, or wanting to brush up on your skills.
A typical lesson is one half-hour per week.
What you need to be successful in piano study
- You need a piano at home for daily practice
- You need an 88-note digital (preferred) or acoustic piano (in top operating condition) with a fully weighted hammer action, touch response, and 3 pedals.
- Capital Music Center offers special rental rates and special sale prices for our students.
- Click HERE for the list of the teacher preferred and recommended Roland Digital Pianos that qualify for tuition discount.
- If you don’t have a piano that’s actually great because we offer a low cost rent-to-purchase plan with 100% of the first 6 months applying toward the purchase of any piano we sell. This gives you six months to decide how well piano lessons go BEFORE investing in a piano (or worse yet starting with the wrong piano).
- Why a keyboard doesn’t work well for piano lessons: click here
- Music Tutor
- The Music Tutor is built in to most Roland digital pianos
- Otherwise the Roland Music Tutor is provided through monthly tuition
- What is a Roland Music Tutor: click here
- Time to practice
- Please plan to invest a reasonable amount of time each day or week to practice. More practice time = more progress which leads to more enjoyment in playing the piano.
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
Inquire about Lessons
Drum Set Lessons
- Our drum lessons are more effective than traditional lessons because we utilize technologies like the Roland V-Drums, iPads, smart phones, and computers to help students learn at a quicker pace.
- Group lessons are especially effective because:
- Learning with other people of similar ability is more fun, it’s like playing in a band.
- Most students have to practice no matter the “excuse”, to keep up with the group.
- Students gain confidence playing in front of people.
- You get extended lesson time each week.
- Private lessons allow you to focus on your specific wants and needs.
- We want our students to be successful in drum study.
- Students need to practice on a regular basis and have a drum set at home to practice on every day.
- We highly recommend a Roland V-Drums Digital Drum Set.
- They take up less room, have many more sound choices, have a computer interface, audio input, and best of all they have a headphone jack for silent practice.
- Roland V-Drums are the number one selling digital drums because of their features, authentic sound quality, and authentic feeling pads or mesh drum heads.
- We can rent you a Roland V-Drum Set for a low rate and 100% of the first 6 months apply toward the purchase.
- Customers that rent or purchase Roland V-Drums from us receive a discount on tuition
- Students that have a Roland Series V-Drum Set are encouraged to connect their tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth and download the following apps:
- Moises – mind boggling app that takes any song in your music library that you own or purchased and downloaded and can isolate the drum track, vocal track, bass track, and rest of the band so that you can learn the drum part for example, then once you learn it, remove the drum track from the song so that you can connect via bluetooth Audio Input and play along with it on your Roland v-drum set.
- Melodics – Learn to play your electronic drums with the songs you love. Play your way up to rhythmical mastery through an active, modern song-based learning approach that starts by jamming with and learning from legendary grooves – pick up your sticks and let’s go!
We offer drum set lessons in English or Spanish. Ofrecemos lecciones de batería en Español.