Capital Music Center Return and Refund Policy (Updated 10/25/21)
We have proudly served thousands of satisfied piano and drum customers since 1988. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service. Musical instruments are a personal and unique purchase that can enrich one’s life. Buying a piano or electronic drum set is different from buying a commodity item that is easily returnable. Size and difficulty of repacking an instrument to ensure its safe return plus the cost of shipping or moving these large specialty items can be a bit steep. Pianos are big and bulky, while most electronic drum sets can take an experienced person around two hours to unbox and assemble.
We prefer to address concerns ahead of time and offer some excellent solutions and strategies that virtually eliminate returns:
- PROFESSIONAL STAFF: Contact us BEFORE making the purchase. As a small business, we specialize in helping each customer select the right instrument to fit their needs. Our sales staff are musicians or teachers themselves and available via Phone, FaceTime, Skype, or OnSite.
- RENT-TO-PURCHASE PLAN: If you live within a 45 mile radius of us, consider our unique rent-to-purchase plan available for most of our electronic pianos and electronic drum sets. These plans are first 6 months NO INTEREST with many other benefits: CLICK HERE for DETAILS.
- UPGRADE POLICY: We have a very generous upgrade policy designed to allow for musical growth with minimal loss. Instruments purchased from us receive a higher trade value toward an upgrade:
- DIGITAL PIANOS: Any digital piano purchased from us may be upgraded within the first 12 months for 90% of purchase price as a trade in credit toward an upgraded instrument (80% within 24 months, 70% within 36 months, 60% within 48 months, and 50% within 60 months).
- ACOUSTIC UPRIGHT PIANOS: Receive 100% of the price you paid for that piano as a trade in credit within 10 years toward an acoustic grand piano.
- ELECTRONIC DRUM SETS: Any electronic drum set purchased from us may be upgraded within the first 12 months for 75% of purchase price as a trade in credit toward an upgraded instrument (65% within 24 months, 55% within 36 months, 50% within 48 months).
- UPGRADE POLICY FAQs:
- Upgrade trade up credits are used for upgrading the quality of your instrument. This means stepping up to an instrument with a better key touch/action, speaker system, cabinetry, etc. (Trade for similar model with minor differences or the same model in a different color is NOT considered an upgrade and therefore would be subject to a lesser trade in value)
- Percentages above are based on the price you paid for the instrument itself plus any items required to make the instrument complete such as bench, stand, pedal, power supply, etc.
- Trade value is not given for services (such as delivery, tuning, etc.). If any of these services or extra items were included for little or no charge, the actual value of them would be deducted before calculating trade value.
- Sales tax only paid on the trade difference.
- In rare cases trade value might be adjusted for abnormal wear and tear.
- If a trade up policy was printed on your invoice, then it takes precedence.
- Acoustic pianos value may be adjusted if not regularly tuned or properly maintained.
Return Policy: None of the above helped? Then please contact us for return authorization within 15 days of receiving the instrument.
- New Digital Pianos and Electronic Drum Sets require a 25% restocking charge.
- If you have redeemed a manufacturer rebate or promotion, your return will be adjusted accordingly.
- Please write the Return Authorization number on the shipping label, NOT on the product box.
- Must be returned in the original condition it was received, including all accessories, documentation, and packaging materials.
- If your package was originally shipped double-boxed, please return the unit(s) double-boxed.
- The product should be packed in the original product box with the UPC codes intact.
- DO NOT use duct tape or other adhesives that can leave a residue.
- Customer is responsible for paying the return shipping cost and should use a shipping method that is insured, trackable, and signature required.
- If your order was shipped under a reduced or free shipping promo, the cost that we actually paid for outbound shipping will be deducted from your return credit.
- Website pre-orders and back-orders: If you purchase an item on our website that is listed as “back order” “pre-order” or “out-of-stock” and you change your mind BEFORE we ship the item, we will refund 95% of your payment (we keep 5% to cover the transaction costs and credit card processing fees that are not returned to merchants).
- Used Pianos and Drum Sets: All Sales are Final, no refunds.
- Print Music: All sales are final, no refunds due to copyrights.
- No Returns on headphones, drum sticks, microphones, software.
Product Defective? Call us ASAP as most issues are resolved via phone support. New products include a manufacturer warranty so if we determine that there is a defect then we will work with the manufacturer to get the defect resolved under the warranty.
What if the shipping carton looks worn? 99% of the time the product inside is perfect. Always inspect the contents and document with pictures if there is concern. Shipping carton and packing materials are designed to protect product during normal shipping and handling.
Product was indeed damaged in shipping? We ship everything insured so contact us so that we can file an insurance claim to get the replacement parts or product.