The information here will help you understand the warranty that came with the instrument you purchased from us. Your specific sales invoice may enhance, adjust, or otherwise limit your warranty. In the unlikely event you experience an issue with your piano or drum set, please contact Capital Music Center first since we are an authorized Yamaha and Roland electronics repair center.
NEW Roland Digital Pianos and New Roland V-Drum Sets: CLICK HERE for manufacturer warranty information
NEW Yamaha Digital Pianos: CLICK HERE for manufacturer warranty information
USED Acoustic Pianos: a warranty is only included if stated on your sales invoice:
- Acoustic pianos, new or used, are imperfect instruments filled with a lot of unique and subtle sounds that gives each piano its unique individual character.
- Keep in mind, even with a warranty, it is still a used piano.
- Any included warranty is to protect you from the bigger expense items. Issues that can be taken care of during a piano tuning for little to no extra charge are not considered warranty items. Generally speaking the warranty covers issues that cost greater than $100 to repair.
- Most of our used pianos are Premium Quality Used Pianos that we purchase from the DoReMi Piano Company of Japan. These are Fully Certified and Restored Pianos from Japan. They provide a ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY, and for customers within 45 mile radius we extend that warranty to a total of FIVE YEARS.
- ALL acoustic piano warranties require MINIMUM once a year tunings to maintain your warranty. Keep your piano tuning receipts. In the long run, most problems with pianos occur due to less than once a year tuning. Don’t wait 13 months for a tuning, 12 months or less. This also protects and preserves your piano investment. Many piano owners and piano players have their piano tuned twice a year to fully enjoy the beautiful tone that the piano is capable of.
- In extremely rare cases, if the cost of a repair becomes too expensive, at our discretion we may elect to replace it with a comparable used piano.
- Do warranties cover accidental breakage or loss, scratches, dents, dings, wear or tear? No.
- When does the warranty period begin? Upon date of possession of the instrument.
- Does a floor model or demo carry the same warranty as a new one? Yes.
- Am I required to fill out a warranty card? No, product warranties are automatically effective the day you take possession of the instrument. We recommend that you retain a copy of your purchase receipt during the entire warranty period.
- If your electronic instrument included an extended warranty, you are responsible for transportation of the instrument to and from us for any service work needed between the end of the manufacturers original warranty and the end of our extended warranty.
- Prefer to have a warranty service or extended warranty service call performed at your place? You’d simply pay the difference for the in home service portion of the warranty claim.
- If your acoustic piano included an extended warranty we will pay the service tech’s mileage up to 45 miles from our store.
- You must contact us before any extended warranty service is performed.
- Are warranties transferrable? No. Most manufacturers do not allow warranty transfers. Capital Music Center warranties on used product are not transferrable. Capital Music Center extended warranties are not transferrable.