The information here will help you understand the warranty that came with the instrument you purchased from us. Your specific sales invoice may enhance or adjust the warranty. In the unlikely event you experience an issue with your piano or drum set, please contact Capital Music Center first since we are an authorized Yamaha and Roland electronics repair center.
NEW Roland Digital Pianos and Roland V-Drum Sets – CLICK HERE for manufacturer warranty information
NEW Yamaha Digital Pianos – CLICK HERE for manufacturer warranty information
USED Acoustic Pianos:
- A warranty is only included if stated on your sales invoice.
- Acoustic pianos, new or used, are imperfect instruments filled with a lot of unique and subtle sounds that gives each piano it’s unique individual character.
- Keep in mind, even with a warranty, it is still a used piano.
- The warranty is to protect you from the bigger expense items. Issues that can be taken care of during a piano tuning for little to no extra charge are not considered warranty items. Generally speaking the warranty covers issues that cost greater than $100 to repair.
- Most of our used pianos are Quality Used Pianos that we purchase from the DoReMi Piano Company of Japan. These are Fully Certified and Restored Pianos from Japan. They provide a ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.
- ALL acoustic piano warranties require MINIMUM once a year tunings are required to maintain your warranty. Keep your piano tuning receipts. In the long run, most problems with pianos occur due to less than once a year tuning. Don’t wait 13 months for a tuning, 12 months or less. This also protects and preserves your piano investment. Many piano owners and piano players have their piano tuned twice a year to fully enjoy the beautiful tone that your piano is capable of.
- In extremely rare cases, if the cost of a repair becomes too expensive, we may well elect to replace it with a comparable used piano.
- I purchased a floor model, does it carry the same warranty as a new one? Yes with the exception of physical condition of the cabinet or surface area (nicks, blemishes, scratches, etc.)
- Am I required to fill out a warranty card? No, product warranties are activated on the day of purchase and are validated by retaining the original or a copy of your purchase receipt.
- If your item included an extended warranty on our behalf, please note that everyone except local acoustic piano owners and local Roland LX and HP owners must pay transportation of the instrument to and from us for any service work needed between the end of the manufacturers original warranty and the end of our extended warranty.
- Are warranties transferrable? No. Most manufacturers do not allow warranty transfers. Capital Music Center warranties on used product are not transferrable. Capital Music Center extended warranties are not transferrable.