This is a general product listing for our used Yamaha U3’s. We almost always have in stock a couple of gently used like new Yamaha U3 that are in excellent, like new condition, with a beautiful tone quality and excellent key touch, and in the beautiful ebony polish that will still look shiny and new. Please call or visit us for details. Yamaha U3’s are high quality pianos are built to last 100+ years and used ones only seem to keep going up in value. All Yamaha U3’s are made in Hamamatsu, Japan. Typical range for our used U3’s is between about $5000 to $8000. Price is always based on age and condition. (Shop and Compare…we have low overhead so we are usually $500 to $1000 less than most dealers ask for the same year model and condition piano).
Includes the following:
* FIVE year limited local warranty
* Local delivery (up to $250 value)
* One in-home tuning ($160 value)
* Adjustable Artist Piano Bench ($200 value)
* 100% trade up toward a grand piano within the next TEN years
* Option to pay by credit card, Venmo, or PayPal for only a 2% fee
We acquire used U3’s one of four ways: We purchase them from individuals, take them on trade, or on consignment, but the best used ones are the refurbished ones as these offer the best value. Refurbished U3’s will cosmetically look like new. The internal mechanisms have been gone through and put back to factory specification either by adjustments or by replacing worn parts. Think about this…an acoustic piano’s action alone contains about 8000 parts, many of which wear and deteriorate over time. Yamaha U1 and U3 pianos are the most popular of all the studio pianos purchased in the United States* as well as Japan. And just to clarify any confusion out there (ex. misinformation on the web): ALL Yamaha U3’s are made in Hamamatsu, Japan, period. (Other variations like the T3, B3, M3, etc are made in other countries and are not famous for the quality that the U3 offers).
The U3 is one of the most sought after used pianos on the market. It is constantly recommended by teachers, tuners, piano technicians, and pianists. We focus only on the best U3’s to be found on the market. They are always in EXCELLENT like new mint condition! We always seem to find them, and almost always have a high quality used one in stock. Most people are surprised when we tell them the U3 they are looking at is actually a used piano. The U3 is 4 inches taller than the U1 and offers a better bass and overall deeper tone.
Why buy a used piano??? Last year in the United States there were over an estimated 1 million pianos sold, of those, 20,000 were new, and the remainder of over 980,000 were used. It’s hard to compare a used piano to buying a used car or a used computer or almost anything else used. If you don’t normally buy things used, there are lots of good reasons to buy a high quality used piano like the Yamaha U3. Here are just a few:
- a piano soundboard improves with age
- a new piano’s tone doesn’t start to mature until it’s five to ten years old
- a new piano’s action can take a few years to break in
- a well cared for top brand piano like the U3 is virtually like buying new but for about a third of the price
- Yamaha U3 pianos are designed and built to last 100+ years
- We’ve been in business for 35 years and Yamaha is an amazing, awesome brand of piano, top quality, you are simply not going to have a problem with this piano. This is why we stand behind it with our 10 year warranty!
OUR PROMISE TO YOU: our pricing is so reasonably fair and coupled with the fact that the Yamaha U3 pianos have a proven track record of holding their value over time, we guarantee that at minimum we will give YOU what you paid us for the U3 piano itself when you trade up to one of our like new grand pianos within the next TEN years.